More Ways to Give
Monthly donations are the most impactful way to ensure ongoing financial support all year long. By setting up a reoccurring donation you contribute to MTC’s long-term future while taking advantage of donor perks now!
To set up your sustainable monthly donations, please reach out to email@example.com
Help us grow as a more equitable arts organization by recommending Marin Theatre Company as a grant recipient from your donor-advised fund.
- Under federal law, if any portion of your donation benefits are not tax-deductible, you may waive the tangible benefits or use a personal source to pay for the benefits value. This includes tickets to events.
- Not all donor-advised funds are equal, please consult your DAF manager, tax advisor, and/or legal counsel to determine tax treatment or other restrictions.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
Are you over the age of 70 ½ and have an IRA? Did you know you could direct donations from your IRA without being subject to any withdrawal taxes?
A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) is a direct transfer of funds from your IRA custodian, payable to a qualified charity. QCDs can be counted toward satisfying your required minimum distributions (RMDs) for the year, as long as certain rules are met.
While many IRAs are eligible for QCDs—Traditional, Rollover, Inherited, SEP (inactive plans only), and SIMPLE (inactive plans only) — there are requirements:
- You must be 70½ or older to be eligible to make a QCD.
- QCDs are limited to the amount that would otherwise be taxed as ordinary income. This excludes non-deductible contributions.
- The maximum annual amount that can qualify for a QCD is $100,000. This applies to the sum of QCDs made to one or more charities in a calendar year. (If, however, you file taxes jointly, your spouse can also make a QCD from his or her own IRA within the same tax year for up to $100,000.)
- For a QCD to count towards your current year's RMD, the funds must come out of your IRA by your RMD deadline, generally December 31.
- Any amount donated above your RMD does not count toward satisfying a future year's RMD.
To make a Qualified Charitable Distribution submit a distribution form to your IRA custodian, requesting that the check be made payable directly to:
Marin Theatre Company
397 Miller Ave.
Mill Valley, CA 94941
Gifts of Stock
A transfer of stock may be made directly to Marin Theatre Company’s broker at Charles Schwab. At Charles Schwab, you or your broker may contact Loren Kertz at (415) 945-6408 if you have questions about the transfer.
For detailed information on how to make a transfer please use the Stock Transfer Instructions.
Once a transfer has been initiated, please reach out to the MTC Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us about the stock details. Transfers into the MTC account do not display the donor’s name or information and we want to ensure your donation is tracked and properly acknowledged.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Many companies offer a matching gift program for their employees that can double or even triple your initial contribution!
Having your gift matched is simple. Contact your employer’s human resources department for info on making MTC your designated 501(c)3 nonprofit. Request a matching gift form, complete it and send it to Marin Theatre Company. We will notify your company of your contribution, and you will enjoy the benefits of a higher level of giving.
Marin Theatre Company is enrolled in AmazonSmile, a program of Amazon.com through which 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible items is automatically donated to a designated charity. Please choose for 0.5% of the value of your online shopping to go directly to Marin Theatre Company!
Go to smile.amazon.com
Search for "Marin Theatre Company"
Click on "Marin Theatre Company" on the resulting page. You will then be taken to the AmazonSmile homepage, which is identical to the regular Amazon homepage, except now you're shopping on MTC's behalf.
Then just go to smile.amazon.com whenever you shop Amazon.com. Please note: After you've signed up to AmazonSmile, if you go to Amazon.com to shop, MTC will not benefit from the sale.
Securely register your credit, ATM, and Safeway Club Cards at eScrip.com and designate Marin Theatre Company (Group ID 500001061) as your beneficiary. Once signed up, participating merchants will make contributions to Marin Theatre Company based on a percentage of every purchase you make. It’s easy and secure. Participating local merchants like Safeway, Whole Foods, Mollie Stones, Paradise Foods and many more (go to eScrip.com for a complete list of merchants) donate to Marin Theatre Company!Sign up once and be sure to renew and update your information each year.
Mill Valley Market’s Shop & Give
Shop at Mill Valley Market and mention Marin Theatre Company before your checkout is complete. They’ll donate 2% of your TOTAL RECEIPT. That’s all there is to it! As an individual, you don’t need to sign up, carry a card or sign anything, and it costs you nothing. The best part is that 100% will go to MTC. Mill Valley Market is located at 12 Corte Madera Avenue in Mill Valley.