Founded in 1966, Marin Theatre Company, a leading professional theater in the Bay Area, creates groundbreaking, nationally recognized, socially relevant plays with a focus on new works for the American stage.
MTC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Marin Theatre Company produces world-class theater for the Marin County and Bay Area communities. We strive to set a national standard for intimate theater experiences of the highest quality, featuring provocative plays by passionate playwrights. We pursue a dialogue with our community that addresses our national and local concerns and interests and assists us in finding a new understanding of our lives. We create future artists and arts patrons through innovative programs for youth.
Marin Theatre Company creates intimate, powerful and emotional experiences that engage audiences to discuss new ideas and adopt a broader world view. We believe in taking risks. We inspire people to participate in live theater, regardless of personal means. We celebrate and promote the intellectual curiosity of our community, and believe that theater can be an important tool to help people build empathy and create change in our world.
Our values are the basis of everything we do at Marin Theatre Company. They guide us in all of our decisions.
- We support the American playwright from the conception through production of new plays.
- We make it a priority to employ and develop Bay Area artists.
- We inspire the next generation of artists and audiences through education, outreach and public performances.
- We believe theatre should be intimate, engaging, emotionally powerful, and affordable to everyone.
- We strive for equity, diversity and inclusion in our work.
- We reach into the broader community, and welcome the community to participate in our work.
- We provide world-class service and hospitality to our patrons, and value their engagement in our work.
- We foster the happiness, excellence and continued education of our staff and board.
- We recognize that financial health and stability are essential to fulfilling our mission.