Marin Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender and its expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Open positions listed below.
Front of House Associate (ongoing)
Class: Non-Exempt, Part Time
Reports to Director of Ticketing & Audience Services
Marin Theatre Company seeks Part-Time Front of House employees who will cross train as a Box Office Associate, House Manager, MTC Cafe employee, and Bartender. Qualified candidates will have previous customer service experience and a passion for theatre, particularly the development of new plays. Prior experience with ticketing software preferred, but not required.
In addition to hourly compensation, MTC employees receive the following benefits:
- Two comp tickets that can be used during the run of each production
- Reciprocal comps and discounts to productions at other Bay Area theatres
- Invitations to first rehearsal, producers preview, opening night, and other major events within the company
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
In order to apply, please send a resume and brief introduction to Kate Robinson at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Production Technical Overhire (ongoing)
MTC’s Production Department is accepting resumes for the following positions:
- Stage carpenters
- Scenic painters
- Lighting technicians
- Sound technicians
- Costume builders
- Craft and prop artisans
- Run crew
- Wardrobe crew
These positions are hired on an hourly or per-show basis. Submit cover letter, resume and references to MTC’s production department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Artists (ongoing)
Marin Theatre Company is seeking energetic Teaching Artists for various in-school residencies and enrichment classes. With a dedication to professional quality and a specialization in arts integrative work, our programs serve thousands of students all over the Bay Area.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-Residency meetings with teachers and the Director of Education
- Curriculum design
- Classroom and behavior management
- Execution of approved lesson plans
- Check in/out of students of enrichment programs
- Work in a collaborative and team driven environment
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to represent MTC with the highest level of professionalism
- Must be on time and reliable
- At least 2 years experience working with youth
- Willingness and ability to commit to entire length of the project discussed
- Open day time availability
Dates: depends on residency/class
Location: most of our partnerships are located in Marin County
Compensation: $25-$35 an hour depending on curriculum development, experience, and length of program
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Ashleigh Worley, Director of Education at email@example.com
Marin Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages qualified applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, physical abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.