Join our team!
At MTC, we believe that theatre is a vital space for sharing diverse stories to build a more just and equitable world. We want our work to inspire conversation, learning, and action to build more inclusive communities. We do this by providing a sustainable home for developing the work of diverse American playwrights and producing innovative theatrical experiences.
We invite you to join us as we expand our team helping to support the reimagining and resilience of theatre in these uncertain times. Working from a place of mutual respect, inspiration, and joy, we seek passionate collaborators to help us take transformative steps towards being an anti-racist organization striving to cultivate an equitable and inclusive environment where all feel valued, respected, and engaged.
Who is MTC?
Marin Theatre Company is the Bay Area’s premier mid-sized theater and the leading professional theater in the North Bay. MTC was founded as the Mill Valley Center for the Performing Arts in 1966 by 35 Mill Valley residents who were passionate about bringing a performing arts center to their community. Eleven years later, in 1977, the organization focused its mission on exclusively producing and presenting plays. In 1984, the company changed its name to Marin Theatre Company, as it is known today, and opened the doors to its 231-seat proscenium theater, now known as the Boyer Theatre. Since then, MTC has continued to produce world-class theater for Marin County and Bay Area Communities, including world premieres and west coast premieres. MTC strives to set a national standard for intimate theater experiences, featuring provocative plays by passionate playwrights. We create quality educational programs that inspire, educate, and encourage empathy through educational and outreach activities, including student matinee performances, summer camps, in-school residencies, and after-school programs
MTC is a LORT-D company, which operates with a $2.6M annual budget and currently produces a four-play mainstage season in addition to a new play festival, periodic staged readings, and development workshops.
See below for job opportunities and expand for salary and work information.
Front of House Associate
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) seeks a patient, attentive, and enthusiastic Front of House Associate to ensure all MTC patrons receive the highest level of customer service.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of customer service experience, previous experience working in the theatre/art industry, and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
A proficiency with Spektrix a plus.
Regular Box Office hours are Monday through Friday 12pm-5pm and Tuesday through Sunday 12pm-8pm during productions. Please note that if scheduled to work as House Manager, hours are dependent on the run time of the show.
The Front of House Associate assists with selling tickets and subscriptions in the Box Office. During productions, the FOH associate is scheduled to work either in the Box Office or serve as House Manager during performances and assure that ushers and front of house run smoothly.
Box Office Responsibilities:
● Provide excellent customer service in all patron interactions.
● Answer incoming calls, emails, and assist walk-up patrons.
● Sell membership packages, fixed subscriptions, single tickets, and Gift Vouchers.
● Sell and exchange tickets for all performances.
● Attend training sessions, meetings, and other events as needed.
● Oversee the Box Office operations when the Box Office manager is in meetings, on break, or out of office.
● Assist with any projects that come up throughout the season.
House Manager Responsibilities:
● Conduct usher orientation before each performance.
● Work with Stage Manager to assure play runs smoothly including seating late patrons and reseating patrons after the show has started.
● Email a House Report to applicable recipients after each performance.
This is a part-time (20-25 hours per week), non-exempt position with a pay rate of $18 per hour, reporting directly to the Box Office Manager. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Front of House Associate” in the subject line.
Marin Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender and its expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Women and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) is looking to hire passionate, articulate, outgoing, tenacious individuals for our Outbound Fundraising Campaign.
Applicants must be available to join our “Virtual Call Room” 4-5 times a week for 2-hour sessions, with flexibility for outside commitments.
This opportunity is perfect for any individual who’s looking to hone their fundraising skills in a supportive, positive atmosphere that’s focused on community-building.
- $18/hourly, equitable bonus structure.
- Complimentary tickets to Marin Theatre Company productions and invitations to events.
- Perform outbound fundraising and marketing calls
- Maintain knowledge of MTC’s productions and programming, including education and new work development
- Stay up-to-date with donor activity through MTC’s donor database
- Excellent verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Interest in developing fundraising/community-building skills
- Specific talent for building rapport over the phone
- Self-driven with a positive attitude
- Capacity to implement coaching and advice
- Ability to reach (and exceed!) personal and group fundraising goals
- Possesses a love of theater and a “gift for gab”
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.