Join our team!
At MTC, we believe that theatre is a vital space for sharing diverse stories to build a more just and equitable world. We want our work to inspire conversation, learning, and action to build more inclusive communities. We do this by providing a sustainable home for developing the work of diverse American playwrights and producing innovative theatrical experiences.
We invite you to join us as we expand our team helping to support the reimagining and resilience of theatre in these uncertain times. Working from a place of mutual respect, inspiration, and joy, we seek passionate collaborators to help us take transformative steps towards being an anti-racist organization striving to cultivate an equitable and inclusive environment where all feel valued, respected, and engaged.
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) is looking to hire passionate, articulate, outgoing, tenacious individuals for our Outbound Fundraising Campaign.
Applicants must be available to join our “Virtual Call Room” 4-5 times a week for 2-hour sessions, with flexibility for outside commitments. The anticipated start date is May 9.
This opportunity is perfect for any individual who’s looking to hone their fundraising skills in a supportive, positive atmosphere that’s focused on community-building.
1. $18/hourly, equitable bonus structure.
2. Complimentary tickets to Marin Theatre Company productions and invitations to events.
● Perform outbound fundraising and marketing calls
● Maintain knowledge of MTC’s productions and programming, including education and
new work development
● Stay up-to-date with donor activity through MTC’s donor database
● Excellent verbal communication skills and attention to detail
● Interest in developing fundraising/community-building skills
● Specific talent for building rapport over the phone
● Self-driven with a positive attitude
● Capacity to implement coaching and advice
● Ability to reach (and exceed!) personal and group fundraising goals
● Possesses a love of theater and a “gift for gab”
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by April 27.
Box Office Manager
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) seeks a resourceful, thoughtful, collaborative, and enthusiastic arts professional to serve as its Box Office Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Box Manager will oversee the overall day-to-day operations of the ticketing department including financial reporting functions, monitoring, and reconciling data. This role is highly visible and provides the highest level of customer service to all guests, vendors, and clients. The Box Office Manager must be able to think strategically and manage front of house staff and volunteers through effective leadership and clear communications.
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to):
A. General Box Office Operations
1) Answering all Box Office phone calls that come in during office hours and returning all voicemails that come in during busy hours or after hours.
2) Regularly and promptly responding to Box Office emails, as well as any other front of house email accounts.
3) Operating Will Call for MTC live performances and providing support for virtual performances.
4) Manage system of distribution for donations of guest passes to other non-profit organizations.
B. Sale of Tickets
1) Sell tickets for all MTC events (including Virtual, Boyer, Education events and New Works productions, and others as needed).
2) Maintain high standards of customer service in all transactions and communications with internal and external patrons.
3) Keep Artistic Director, Managing Director and Director of External Affairs apprised of ticket sales for each production.
4) Assist Managing Director in determining box office policy, procedures, and documentation of the same.
5) Maintain MTC’s Complimentary Ticket policy and distribute as necessary to all staff members and individual production cast members. Work with Director of External Affairs to schedule and distribute press tickets and press packets.
C. Ticketing Software
1) Be one of the main in-house experts on Spektrix (ticketing and CRM software).
2) Create all events (i.e., productions by performance) and subscription ticket packages, cafe items and merchandise for purchase as needed in Spektrix, working with the Managing Director and other department heads as needed.
3) Responsible for upkeep of till and daily reconciliations for front of house.
D. Front of House Staff
1) Train and supervise all Front of House Associates and Volunteers.
2) Submit completed time sheets in a timely fashion for all box office staff (and other front of house staff, as needed) to General Manager at payroll.
E. Season Preparation & Subscriptions
1) Work with the Managing Director and Director of External Affairs annually to prepare the next season’s offerings for sale; manage the patron database and prepare/print letters for subscriber renewals for the annual campaign.
2) Maintain a document tracking the progress of the season campaign.
3) Coordinate seating preferences and the mailing of all tickets and necessary information to all subscribers.
4) Prepare all written materials for the Box Office, including, but not limited to: Complimentary Ticket forms, Guest Passes and Gift Certificates
F. Reports and Records
1) Oversee maintenance of database with subscriber and single ticket purchasers' information with a standardized method of input for all data.
2) Provide Box Office records and information as requested for the year-end audit annually.
● Commitment to MTC’s vision, mission, and values
● 2+ years customer service experience
● Proficiency with Gmail, G Suite, Microsoft Office
● Familiarity with non-profit theatre
● Passion for theatre and new plays
● Availability to work nights and weekends
● A strong commitment to Anti-Racist theatre practices, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
● Perform all work in a manner that is consistent with MTC’s core values
Preferred Experience (Not Required)
- 3+ years customer service experience
● 1+ year working in the box office of a theatre
● Experience managing a small staff
● Flexible schedule
● Completed undergraduate degree
● Familiarity with Spektrix ticketing software
● Familiarity with MTC programming
Start Date: Interviewing to start immediately Salary: $22-$25 hourly rate + health benefits
To apply please email a brief personal statement and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org; include ‘Box Office Manager search’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on Marin Theatre Company, please visit www.marintheatre.org.
MTC embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Marin Theatre Company is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Front of House Associate
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) seeks a patient, attentive, and enthusiastic Front of House Associate to ensure all MTC patrons receive the highest level of customer service.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of customer service experience, previous experience working in the theatre/art industry, and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
A proficiency with Spektrix a plus.
Regular Box Office hours are Monday through Friday 12pm-5pm and Tuesday through Sunday 12pm-8pm during productions. Please note that if scheduled to work as House Manager, hours are dependent on the run time of the show.
The Front of House Associate assists with selling tickets and subscriptions in the Box Office. During productions, the FOH associate is scheduled to work either in the Box Office or serve as House Manager during performances and assure that ushers and front of house run smoothly.
Box Office Responsibilities:
● Provide excellent customer service in all patron interactions.
● Answer incoming calls, emails, and assist walk-up patrons.
● Sell membership packages, fixed subscriptions, single tickets, and Gift Vouchers.
● Sell and exchange tickets for all performances.
● Attend training sessions, meetings, and other events as needed.
● Oversee the Box Office operations when the Box Office manager is in meetings, on break, or out of office.
● Assist with any projects that come up throughout the season.
House Manager Responsibilities:
● Conduct usher orientation before each performance.
● Work with Stage Manager to assure play runs smoothly including seating late patrons and reseating patrons after the show has started.
● Email a House Report to applicable recipients after each performance.
This is a part-time (20-25 hours per week), non-exempt position with a pay rate of $18 per hour, reporting directly to the Box Office Manager. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Front of House Associate” in the subject line.
Marin Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender and its expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Women and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) seeks a detail-oriented, self-starting, collaborative, and passionate arts professional to serve as its General Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director, the General Manager is a member of MTC’s senior leadership team and works closely with Finance and Facilities as well as all department heads to help guide the organization in this time of growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Work with MTC’s Managing and Artistic Directors and the senior team to set and achieve goals for the organization following strategic priorities.
- Negotiate agreements with artists, designers, directors, and collective bargaining units in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Manage the organizational budgeting process in collaboration with the Managing Director including its creation, tracking, and forecasting.
- Cultivate, develop, mentor, and retain top-performing business-related staff.
- Provide support to the development and marketing functions of MTC.
Experience and Skills
MTC is seeking a strategic and innovative thinker with exceptional leadership skills and a demonstrated history of relevant experience. The ideal candidate will possess:
● Experience in all aspects of theatre general management.
● A deep well of experience in production, including co-productions, presentations, and collaborations.
● A history of managing a high-producing team with the ability to lead as a “servant leader,” deriving deep satisfaction from achieving the best work of others.
● Exceptionally strong fiscal management skills.
● Experience negotiating contracts and familiarity with LORT, as well as AEA, SDC and USA contracts and procedures.
● High-level communication skills.
● Effective problem-solving skills.
● Technical proficiency; Database knowledge and reporting (competency in Spektrix a plus).
● Exceptionally strong computer skills (Operating systems, Office suites, Spreadsheets, Accounting software, etc.).
● A strong commitment to Anti-Racist theatre practices, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
● Exemplary skill in managing multiple complex projects, both short-term and long-term, simultaneously.
● Perform all work in a manner that is consistent with MTC’s core values.
● Provide leadership and logistical support for special projects as needed.
Salary range is $65,000 – $75,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, and 403b retirement. MTC embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. Marin Theatre Company is an E.O.E. and BIPOC, immigrants, veterans, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please email a cover letter, resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org; include ‘General Manager search’ in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on Marin Theatre Company, please visit www.marintheatre.org.