MTC seeks an Education Programs Coordinator & Teaching Artist
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) seeks an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic Education Programs Coordinator & Teaching Artist to oversee MTC’s summer classes for youth (grades 3-6 and 6-12) and perform short- and long-range artistic planning and administrative tasks related to education and outreach programs.
- Minimum 2 years of experience teaching and directing youth.
- Demonstrated ability in curriculum development and implementation.
- B.A. in theater or equivalent experience.
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The ideal candidate would be resourceful, self-motivated, collaborative, possess a joyful attitude and sense of humor, a welcoming spirit, and an ability to lead.
A proficiency with Spektrix a plus.
Position available to start immediately.
This is a part-time position. Work schedules will be determined in coordination with the Associate Artistic Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT:
Teaching & Directing:
- Teach/direct community partner workshops and summer programming
- Other teaching opportunities as assigned
- Create Curriculum/Lesson Plans for education and outreach activities as requested
ADMINISTRATION OF CLASSES & EVENTS:
MTC Classes & Events:
- Oversee the creation and sales of classes and events in MTC’s database/CRM system (Spektrix)
- Create curriculum for classes taught on-site at MTC
- Facilitate registration of class participants and coordinate student groups attending MTC productions
- Coordinate facilities scheduling with the Director of Production to ensure available space for proposed on-site programming
- Assist the Associate Artistic Director with short and long-range artistic and administrative planning for all education and outreach programs
- Distribute evaluations at the end of each session
- Input evaluations into database and process results
- Coordinate photos and videos of the process and culmination activities
- Work with MTC’s Marketing Director to get photo/video release forms for youth featured in archival or promotional materials
- Provide Associate Artistic Director and relevant MTC staff with usable photos and video clips for web distribution and grant proposals
- Create and send out monthly education e-newsletters with the assistance of the Marketing and Managing Directors
- Work with the Marketing team to create copy and visual requirements for all education marketing collateral, including program brochures and study guides
- Maintain communication with parents, teachers, principals, etc.
- Share information on upcoming opportunities with students and parents
- Update Associate Artistic Director and relevant MTC staff on opportunities for observation, culmination presentations, and support needs
GENERAL STAFF ASSISTANCE:
- Attend All Staff meetings when not teaching classes
- Other staff events and activities as assigned
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a pay rate ranging from $25-$30 per hour (commensurate with experience)reporting directly to the Associate Artistic Director. Please send a cover letter, resume and references firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Education Programs Coordinator search” in the subject line.
Marin Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender and its expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Women and candidates of color are encouraged to apply.
Front of House Associate
Marin Theatre Company (MTC) seeks a patient, attentive, and enthusiastic Front of House Associate to ensure all MTC patrons receive the highest level of customer service.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of customer service experience, previous experience working in the theatre/art industry, and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
A proficiency with Spektrix a plus.
Regular Box Office hours are Monday through Friday 12pm-5pm and Tuesday through Sunday 12pm-8pm during productions. Please note that if scheduled to work as House Manager, hours are dependent on the run time of the show.
The Front of House Associate assists with selling tickets and subscriptions in the Box Office. During productions, the FOH associate is scheduled to work either in the Box Office or serve as House Manager during performances and assure that ushers and front of house run smoothly.
Box Office Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service in all patron interactions.
- Answer incoming calls, emails, and assist walk-up patrons.
- Sell membership packages, fixed subscriptions, single tickets, and Gift
- Sell and exchange tickets for all performances.
- Attend training sessions, meetings, and other events as needed.
- Oversee the Box Office operations when the Box Office manager is in
meetings, on break, or out of office.
- Assist with any projects that come up throughout the season.
House Manager Responsibilities:
- Conduct usher orientation before each performance.
- Work with Stage Manager to assure play runs smoothly including seating late
patrons and reseating patrons after the show has started.
- Email a House Report to applicable recipients after each performance.
This is a part-time (20-25 hours per week), non-exempt position with a pay rate of $16 per hour, reporting directly to the Box Office Manager. To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com and include “Front of House Associate” in the subject line.
Marin Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender and its expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Women and BIPOC candidates are encouraged to apply.