For further consideration
– Is fairy tale a misleading description of The Beauty Queen of Leenane? Is there a moral to the story?
– How is the mother/daughter relationship in Beauty Queen similar or different to those often found in fairy tales?
– Are Mag and Maureen comic or tragic characters? Are they sympathetic characters? Who do you sympathize with more at the beginning of the play? At the end?
– Do you think Martin McDonagh writes realistic or extreme characters? Why do you think he would write his characters this way?
– Who has the power in this play?