Founded in 1966, Marin Theatre Company is the Bay Area’s premier mid-sized theater and the leading professional theater in the North Bay. We produce a six-show season of provocative plays by passionate playwrights from the 20th century and today in our 231-seat main stage theater, as well as a five-show Theater Series for Young Audiences in partnership with the Bay Area Children's Theatre in our 99-seat studio theater. We are committed to the development and production of new plays by American playwrights, with a comprehensive New Play Program that includes productions of world premieres, two nationally recognized annual playwriting awards, readings and workshops by the nation’s best emerging playwrights and membership in the National New Play Network. Our numerous education programs serve more than 6,000 students from over 40 Bay Area schools each year.
MTC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Marin Theatre Company produces world-class theater for the Marin County and Bay Area communities.
We strive to set a national standard for intimate theater experiences of the highest quality, featuring provocative plays by passionate playwrights.
We pursue a dialogue with our community that addresses our national and local concerns and interests and assists us in finding a new understanding of our lives.
We create future artists and arts patrons through innovative programs for youth.
Marin Theatre Company aspires to be the West Coast’s premier intimate theater.
Our values are the basis of everything we do at Marin Theatre Company. They guide us in all of our decisions.
• We value the engagement of our patrons in our work.
• We believe theater should be intimate, engaging, emotionally powerful and affordable to everyone.
• We support the American playwright from the conception through production of new plays.
• We make it a priority to use and develop Bay Area artists.
• We foster the happiness, excellence and continued education of our staff and board.
• We provide exceptional service and hospitality to our patrons.
• We recognize that financial health and stability are essential to fulfilling our mission.